Your privacy is important to Corrupted Media and we take our responsibility of caring for it seriously. This policy describes how Corrupted Media Productions Inc. (“Corrupted Media processes the personal information we may collect about you when you use our software products and services or when you attend live events hosted by or in connection with Corrupted Media (collectively, “Services”). In some cases, other subsidiaries and/or affiliates of Corrupted Media may be considered data controllers, either together with Corrupted Media or by themselves.
1. Information We Collect
The information we collect depends on what Services you use and how you use them. Please see below for more details.
- Information You Give Us DirectlyWe may collect information that you provide us, including but not limited to:
- Your Corrupted Media Account information, including your email address, username, real name, country, date of birth, telephone number and password;
- Security questions and answers;
- Information you provide in response to surveys about our Services;
- Information you provide when seeking help from us, such as your name, email address, records of the issues you experience; and
- Billing information, such as your name, payment card number, and payment account details.
- Images, including your avatar design choices.
- Information You Provide When Playing OnlineWhen you participate in social features such as chat, any audio, visual, and/or electronic information that you disclose may be read, copied, collected, or used by other players, and may become publicly available.
When you participate in online multiplayer games, your in-game profile information, gameplay, and statistics are visible. We may record your gameplay in multi-player events and replay it to other players. In competitive game modes, we may record your gameplay, and your controller button inputs, and replay these together with your in-game profile information and game statistics to other players in-game and at live Corrupted Media or partner events.
- Other Information We Collect When You Use Our ServicesWe may collect other information automatically when you use our Services, including but not limited to:
- IP address;
- Information about your device, hardware, and software, such as your hardware identifiers, platform type, settings and components, Corrupted Media software and updates you have installed, and the presence of required plugins;
- Approximate geolocation data (derived from IP or device settings);
- Details about what Corrupted Media games or Services you purchase or obtain, and your use of them;
- Device event information, including crash reports, request and referral URLs and system activity details (e.g., whether you encountered an error playing our games or lost Internet access); and
- Other information (such as your likeness) that you may provide as part of your participation in live events.
We also may collect and store information locally on your device.
- Information Provided to Us by Third PartiesWe may receive information about you contained in third-party user accounts when you use Corrupted Media online Services on or through third-party platforms. This information is provided to Corrupted Media as part of establishing or linking a Corrupted Media Account. Your use of Corrupted Media online Services through these third-parties indicates your agreement for the transfer of this information. These include, but are not limited to:
- Unity (includes Unity Analytics)
- Categories of Personal Information ProcessedDepending on your use of our Services, the following categories of personal information may have been collected, shared, sold, or disclosed in the preceding 12 months (as these processing activities are defined under applicable privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act “CCPA”):
- Identifiers; such as a real name, user name, account name, email, online identifiers, device identifiers, IP address, or mobile device identifiers;
- Purchase information; such as payment card number, payment account details, billing address , and other payment information;
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under state or federal law; such as age or gender;
- Commercial Information; such as products or services interaction and purchase history;
- Internet or Electronic Network Activity information; such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding interactions with our games, websites, applications, and/or advertisements;
- Approximate (coarse) geolocation data; such as location data derived from IP address or device settings;
- Audio or Electronic information; such as when you play our games, play certain multiplayer modes, use chat features, or participate in competitive game modes or live events;
- Inferences; such as consumer preferences drawn from the above.
In certain situations we may collect additional information, for example:
- If you are the recipient of a contest or prize that requires tax reporting, we may collect identifiers associated with your government-issued documents (such as a social security number).
- If you participate in our competitive gaming events, we may collect identifiers associated with your government-issued documents (such as a passport number), financial information (such as bank accounts), and health-related information.
- If you participate in our user experience research, we may collect financial information (such as bank accounts), health-related information and video footage of your gameplay, as well as your recorded image throughout the session.
2. How We Collect Information
We and third parties may use technologies described below to collect information to deliver our Services.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may use tracking pixels or clear GIFs to collect information about your use of our Services and your response to our marketing emails. We use Internet log files (which contain technical data such as your IP address) to monitor traffic on our Services, troubleshoot technical problems, detect and prevent fraud, and enforce our End User License Agreement.
We also may use Analytics, Advertising, Anti-Cheat, and Anti-Fraud technologies in our Services. These technologies may utilize the same cookies or similar mechanisms as further described below.
- Analytics Technologies
We may use internal and third-party analytics technologies to collect information about how you use our Services, your computer or device and the health of our Services.
For instance, we may collect and store data from your computer or device when you use our Services. This information includes technical and related information about your computer or device and operating and/or network systems (such as IP Address and device ID), information about your engagement with certain features, gameplay and usage statistics, system interactions and hardware. If you play a game offline without connecting to the Internet, this data may be stored on your device and transmitted to us when your device connects to the Internet. If you participate in online Services, we may also collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display your personal and/or statistical data regarding your game play (including scores, rankings and achievements), or identify content that is created and shared by you with other players.
Third-party analytics technologies integrated into our Services may (including SDK [Software Development Kit] and API [Application Program Interfaces] integrations) combine the information they collect in connection with your use of Corrupted Media’s Services with information they have independently collected over time and/or across different platforms. Many of these companies collect and use information pursuant to their own privacy policies.
- Ad Serving Technologies
These technologies collect and use information so we can serve appropriate offers and advertising to you, to measure effectiveness and distribution of these offers and advertising, and to understand how users interact with our Services. In addition to identifiers and certain information listed above, this information may include:
- Advertisements served and the location of the ad;
- Length of time an advertisement was visible;
- Domain type, IP address, size of the advertisement;
- Your interaction, if any, with the ad; and
- Advertisement response.
Third-party advertising companies may combine the information collected in the context of delivering an offer to you via our Services with other information they have independently collected over time and/or across different websites. Many of these companies collect and use information pursuant to their own privacy policies.
3. How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information, both individually and combined together, in the following ways.
To operate our business and to enhance and personalize your game experience, including to:
- Operate, improve, and develop our games and Services;
- Undertake research and analysis to develop and demonstrate our technology, and to better understand our players;
- Populate online leaderboards and enable online matchmaking;
- Provide replays to you and other players via spectator modes;
- Help you find your friends or tell your friends about an Corrupted Media game or Service;
- Facilitate sharing on social networks;
- Manage and serve targeted and contextual advertising;
- Measure the effectiveness and distribution of advertising, including understanding who engages with our Services and how they interact with our Services;
- Measure the health of our Services;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Set up and maintain accounts for which you register;
- Provide game experiences that you may like;
- Set up and facilitate loyalty programs;
- Facilitate your gameplay on multiple devices and/or platforms, as applicable;
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs or functionality errors;
- Provide software updates;
- Authenticate and activate your games and save game-play data, including progress;
- Facilitate competitions and contests;
- Perform audits, transactions, and other compliance activities;
- Adhere to your preferences and to deliver content;
- Help keep our Services safe and fair, resolve disputes, investigate and help curb fraud and illegal behaviour, comply with the law, and to enforce our agreements and policies; and
- Other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are otherwise disclosed to you when you provide personal information.
To provide you support, including to:
- Help identify and troubleshoot problems with your account or Services;
- Facilitate surveys or questionnaires;
- Communicate with you and respond to your specific requests or questions; and
- Manage and send you confirmations and important information about your account, Services, purchases, subscriptions, and warranties.
To personalize our communications with you, including to:
- Present offers and/or information relating to games and/or Services you might like;
- Make game or other Service recommendations to you; and
- Provide you with Service updates.
We retain the information we collect for as long as necessary to provide our Services, and we may retain that information beyond that period if necessary for legal, operational, or other legitimate reasons.
We may also de-identify, anonymize, or aggregate the information we collect, or collect it in a way that does not directly identify you. We may use and share such information as necessary for our business purposes and as permitted by applicable law.
4. Information We Share With Third Parties
Except as described below, we do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose personal information to third parties (as these processing activities are defined under applicable privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act).
Service providers. We may employ third parties located in and outside of your country of residence to collect or process personal information on our behalf, including but not limited to conducting market surveys, providing IT and related services, facilitating credit card processing, facilitating live events, sending emails, or delivering and optimizing our Services. We require that any third party use the data only on our behalf and for purposes consistent with this policy.
Business partners. We may provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer Services. These partners include the companies that provide the platform on which you play our games.
Affiliates. We may share personal information with our affiliated companies as is necessary for the purposes outlined in this notice.
Advertising partners. Through our Services, we may allow third-party advertising partners to utilize technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your use of Corrupted Media’s Services and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, browser information, time of day). We may also combine and share such information and other information (such as your de-identified account information, demographic information, hardware specifications, and past purchase history) with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third-party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioural advertising.” We may allow access to other data collected by the Services to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you.
Disclosures to protect us or others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Disclosure in the event of merger, sale, or other asset transfer. In the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger, sale, or bankruptcy, we may transfer all information we collect to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law or contract.
Third-party plugins. When third-party technologies or social tools are integrated into our Services, those third parties may collect information about your use of our Services.
Cross-Platform Sharing. Some of our games may allow you to connect and play with friends and members of a game’s community, regardless of what platform they play on. That other platform may receive your platform’s information to facilitate game interaction. We will share your information with platforms to the extent necessary to enable gaming features. Your information received by these platforms may be subject to their respective privacy notices.
With Your Consent. We may share information with other third parties with your express consent, unless otherwise described above. For example, you may agree to us sharing your information with a certain company or organization to hear about their products, services, or promotions, or if you tell us that you want to link your Corrupted Media Account with another company’s services. Use of the information you agree to share will be subject to those third parties’ respective privacy notices.
5. Where We Hold Your Information
6. How We Protect Your Information
Security of your information is a priority at Corrupted Media. Even so, please be aware that no security measure is 100% perfect. Thus we cannot guarantee the security of your information at all times. You should always be diligent when it comes to the protection of your personal information.
Corrupted Media recognizes the importance of protecting children’s privacy online. As applicable, we strive to follow the different minimum age guidelines set by the laws of individual countries or territories when determining the age that children can access certain features of our Services.
Our products in production have a click box upon registration where users must identify themselves as being at least 13 years old. People under age 13 will not be allowed to register.
We encourage you to talk with your children about communicating with strangers and the risks of disclosing personal information online.
8. Your Choices and Controls
Please contact us if you have a concern about your privacy. We will work with you to address it.
9. Third-Party Services
10. Changes to Our Policy
11. Deleting Your Collected Information
Requests for deletion of personal data can be sent to email@example.com and we will quickly work to delete your account and any associated information.
12. Contact Us
If you have a complaint or question about this policy, please contact us via the Corrupted Media website. We will work with you to resolve your concern.